Dallas Associate of Science (AS) in Medical Laboratory Technology Courses & Admissions Requirements
Applicants must provide proof of high school graduation or GED and meet one of the following conditions:
- ACT Composite score of 18 or above, or
- Combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 870, or
- Passing score on Argosy University entrance exam, or
- Minimum High School or College GPA as follows:
- For students with 12 or fewer college credit hours, cumulative High School GPA of 2.0 or above
- For students with 13 or more college credit hours, cumulative College GPA of 2.0 or above
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, "English Language Proficiency Policy."
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, a nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Health Sciences, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " ."
All applications for admission to the AS in Medical Laboratory Technology degree program must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative will help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Student Information Form
- Personal interview
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Proof of high school graduation or GED, or official college transcript from a regionally accredited institution or nationally accredited institution approved by the Dean of the College of Health Sciences that shows proof of high school graduation
- ACT or SAT or Argosy University Entrance Exam score and pre-approved English language proficiency exam score (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- Clinical Training Agreement
- Technical Standards Form
- Health forms
Allied health professionals perform a wide range of physical tasks and assignments, and they must accept certain risks that are inherent in healthcare delivery. In applying for admission to Argosy University, prospective students are given information regarding these tasks, and applicants agree that they are capable and willing to perform these tasks and assume these risks.