Our academic programs focus on the interpersonal skills vital to professional achievement.
Orange County Associate of Science (AS) Degree in Business Administration
Request Information for Orange County
Program InformationThe Associate of Science (AS) in Business Administration degree program at Argosy University, Orange County combines an introduction to the various business functions with coursework in general education. The curriculum is designed to help students acquire a broad range of transferable skills such as critical thinking, effective interpersonal communication, research, diversity appreciation, global sustainability, and problem solving. The Argosy University, Orange County Business Administration degree program is intended to enable students to acquire the foundational knowledge, skills, and competencies that can be applied towards entry-level employment, as well as providing the basis for continuation towards a bachelor’s degree in business for interested students.
The AS in Business Administration degree program credits can be transferred to the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration degree program offered by Argosy University.
Program Learning Outcomes
The AS in Business Administration degree program is designed to develop the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Program Outcome One: Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Demonstrate college level skills pertaining to listening, reading, comprehension, speaking, and writing, and communicate proficiently in a business context.
• Interpret non-verbal communication in order to understand the true message being delivered.
• Analyze and apply skills of interpersonal effectiveness to everyday interaction by using observation, active listening, and questions.
Program Outcome Two: Knowledge and Basic Application
• Explain the fundamental concepts of business administration and define the roles and responsibilities of the functional areas of business leaders and teams.
• Define the attributes of an effective team member and leader and explain when to use a team or individual for projects within the organization.
• Describe basic team strategies, motivation, and how to reach goals under difficult situations; and apply concepts and frameworks to solve problems.
Program Outcome Three: Critical Thinking
• Identify and describe business problems and propose appropriate solutions.
• Integrate analytical and problem solving skills to formulate conclusions and make business decisions.
• Access appropriate qualitative and quantitative information to make informed business decisions.
Program Outcome Four: Research
• Demonstrate basic research skills — both traditional and technology based — to methodically gather and sort through relevant information, and develop analytical and reporting skills.
• Research information in order to make informed decisions and identify critical information that is missing.
• Generate well informed recommendations which will support the organization and its mission.
Program Outcome Five: Ethics and Diversity
• Describe the ethical framework that managers and employees operate under in a business situation, and the professional ethics and behavior expected within the organization.
• Categorize the benefits and constraints of diversity within and across organizational settings, and personal biases that might hamper progress.
• Identify the professional and ethical values that govern specific courses of action.
Launch your career by enrolling in the AS in Business Administration degree program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.