Northern Virginia Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Courses & Admissions Requirements
Clinical Mental Health Counseling MA Courses & Requirements | Argosy University, Northern Virginia Learn more about our Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Courses and Admissions Requirements at Argosy University, Northern Virginia. https://www.argosy.edu/locations/northern-virginia/counseling-psychology-and-social-sciences-4/master-of-arts-in-clinical-mental-health-counseling/course-requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, a nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Counseling, Psychology and Social Sciences, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- A grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 as described below. Additional requirements may apply.
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours of coursework (including graduate work).
- Applicants with grade point averages lower than the stated program minimums may be considered for admission with significant evidence of academic and professional potential demonstrated by the career and/or professional accomplishments indicated in the statement of academic and professional goals, the career summary, and academic or professional letters of recommendation. Such Admission must be recommended by the Admissions Committee and department chair and must be justified, documented, signed, placed, and retained in the student's academic file.
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " ."
- Completion of an interview with a member of the program Admissions Committee.
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form.
- Personal/professional goal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession.
- Current résumé (or career summary).
- Three completed Applicant Recommendation Forms.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended.