The Doctor of Education (EdD) in Curriculum and Instruction online degree program is designed to prepare educators as change agents and leaders in the P-12 setting who engage actively in their communities, using appropriate pedagogy and technology to foster the development of global citizens.
This degree in Curriculum and Instruction does not lead to certification or credential endorsement.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Program Outcome One: Commitment to Student Learning
- Evaluate developmentally appropriate practices regarding individual academic and socio cultural differences for optimal student learning.
- Program Outcome Two: Knowledge of Pedagogy
- Apply relevant research method(s) to plan, implement and evaluate curricular and instructional practices that support improved teaching and learning.
- Use and disseminate data to guide school improvement efforts, implementation, assessment, and resource allocation.
- Program Outcome Three: Promoting teaching and learning
- Evaluate and implement appropriate strategies to ensure positive and engaging learning environments.
- Program Outcome Four: Self-Assessment
- Practice and promote personal and professional development plans using self-assessment processes.
- Program Outcome Five: Collaboration with Community
- Work collaboratively with various constituencies to develop local and global perspectives to further educational success and productive citizenship.
- Program Outcome Six: Research and Scholarly Application
- Investigate and contribute evidence based research to address current P-12 education issues.