The Associate of Science in Information Technology (ASIT) degree program at Argosy University, Online is designed to prepare students for entry-level technology jobs working with computers, applications, and networks. Courses within the ASIT program introduce students to fundamental technology concepts and allow learners to develop with real-world skills.
Through the program’s core courses, students will have the opportunity to develop foundation skills in hardware, software, networks, business, and communication. Through the program’s concentration courses, students will have the opportunity to develop specialized skills within one of the following fields: computer and network security, web development, computer networks, or project management.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Program Outcome One: Values
- Understand the role of ethics within the field of Information Technology.
- Recognize the role of IT governance within a business setting.
- Program Outcome Two: Problem solving within IT and business
- Apply creative thinking to solve basic technology problems in a business setting.
- Employ critical thinking and rational and evaluative approaches to basic problem solving.
- Program Outcome Three: Interpersonal effectiveness
- Utilize a variety of mediums to communicate effectively.
- Utilize the key tenets of interpersonal effectiveness: mindfulness, ethics, and competence in business interactions.
- Program Outcome Four: Foundational knowledge of Information Technology
- Identify structure and components of computer networks.
- Explain the role of information and network security.
- Apply information literacy to recognize and analyze how emerging and changing technology impact specific business settings.
- Discuss concepts related to file structure, data storage, and retrieval processes.
- Identify relationships between hardware and software applications.