Our academic programs focus on the interpersonal skills vital to professional achievement.
Phoenix Master of Arts (MA) Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program InformationArgosy University, Phoenix is pleased to announce that the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, has granted accreditation to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Argosy University, Phoenix.
Are you looking for clinical mental health counseling programs in Phoenix? The Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Argosy University, Phoenix is designed to provide students with a sound foundation for the practice of professional counseling. The program introduces students to basic counseling skills that integrate individual and group theoretical foundations of professional counseling into appropriate client interaction and intervention skills. The Argosy University, Phoenix mental health counseling degree program is designed to emphasize the development of attitudes, knowledge, and skills essential in the formation of professional counselors who are committed to the ethical provision of quality services.
Thus, the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program is committed to educating and training students to enter a professional career as master’s-level counseling practitioners who can function ethically and effectively as skilled professionals with demonstrated knowledge of social and cultural diversity.
This Argosy University, Phoenix mental health counseling degree program is designed to prepare you for a career as a counselor who may work in a variety of settings, including:
• private and group practices
• substance abuse treatment facilities
• hospitals and clinics
• correctional institutions
• schools and universities
• government agencies
• Professional Identity: Value all aspects of professional functioning, including history, roles, organizational structures, ethics, legalities, standards, and credentialing
• Social and Cultural Diversity: Apply core theory and research of the cultural context of relationships, issues, and trends in a multicultural and diverse society to the counseling profession
• Human Growth and Development: Interpret and apply core theory and research of the nature and needs of individuals at all developmental levels
• Career Development: Apply core theory and research of career development, the psychology of work, and related factors
• Helping Relationships: Ethically and effectively deliver a range of counseling and consultation services
• Group Work: Understand the theoretical and experiential foundations of group purpose, development, and dynamics; will apply group counseling methods and skills
• Assessment: Understand principles of testing and measurement, and will apply both individual and group methods of assessment and evaluation
• Research and Program Evaluation: Understand methods and roles of research, statistical analysis, needs assessment and program evaluation
• Communication: Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Interpersonal Effectiveness: Develop and improve positive relationship skills via effective communication, respect for others, appreciation of diversity and cultural sensitivity, and awareness of their impact on others.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in this Argosy University, Phoenix master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information. End your search for clinical mental health counseling programs in Phoenix at Argosy University, Phoenix.