Our academic programs focus on the interpersonal skills vital to professional achievement.
Phoenix Master of Science (MS) Degree in Human Services
Request Information for Phoenix
The Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree program at Argosy University, Phoenix, is designed to prepare students to provide services in a variety of public and private human services settings, such as mental health centers, guidance centers, mental hospitals, alcohol and drug treatment centers, and correctional institutions.
The program is intended for students who are already employed in the human services field and want to advance their careers, as well as for those looking to make a career change into the human services professions.
The first step toward earning your Master of Science (MS) Degree in Human Services is to apply today. You can learn more about financial aid options by visiting our Financial Aid and Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.
About the Master of Science (MS) in Human Services at Argosy University, Phoenix
The Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree is a 36 credit hour program. The online program’s focused, five-week course format allows students, many of whom are working professionals, to more effectively balance the demands of career, family, and school while completing the degree as quickly as possible.
Students will have an opportunity to apply relevant academic theory to practice through a competency-based curriculum. The Human Services degree program is designed to develop an understanding of the needs of diverse populations, as well as the systems essential to operating human service programs.
A strong commitment to mentor-ship by our diverse, accomplished faculty is the cornerstone of our program. Our practitioner-scholar model affords students the opportunity to learn from professors who are active and current in their respective fields, offering real-life case examples that can enhance learning.
What knowledge and skills will I gain from completing the Phoenix Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree program?
Our program prepares graduates to serve in a variety of Human Services positions. They can develop critical thinking and decision-making skills that support change. Throughout the program, students have an opportunity to become more aware of their own values, beliefs and philosophies, and how they relate and function in the workplace. Students learn how to work ethically and effectively within diverse human services organizations.
Program curriculum focuses on teaching students to:
- Apply the knowledge, theory, and skills of the human service profession to support sound decision-making and improve service outcomes
- Integrate the knowledge and skills from multiple disciplines into professional practice, such as effecting behavioral change, applying systems thinking, and achieving service outcomes
- Develop skills in inquiry, critical thinking, and decision making to initiate change and evaluate its consequences for the human services field
- Develop self-awareness and a service-oriented value system to establish, build, and sustain effective working relationships that address the needs of service populations
- Analyze the unique characteristics of diverse populations and apply culturally responsive strategies to strengthen professional practice and enhance service outcomes
- Analyze and apply the ethical and social responsibilities of the human services professional
- Examine social and group dynamics, and evaluate the policy development cycle for advocacy avenues, communication strategies, and coalition building opportunities to effect social change
- Execute duties and responsibilities that support and promote the organizational mission, including managing group performance and evaluating programs to assess their effectiveness and viability
What career opportunities are there for graduates of the Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree program?
Program graduates are prepared to compete for a wide variety of positions within the human services profession at mental health centers, guidance centers, mental hospitals, alcohol and drug treatment centers, and correctional institutions.
How to Apply
The first step toward earning your Master of Science (MS) in Human Services degree is to apply today. You’ll work with an Admissions team eager to answer your questions and assist you through the application process. You can learn more about financial aid options by visiting our Financial Aid and Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information.