Phoenix Education Specialist (EdS) in Advanced Educational Administration Courses & Admissions Requirements
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master's degree and in any subsequent graduate study
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " "
- A minimum of three years of verified full time teaching experience in grades Prekindergarten-12 or related education services experience in grades Prekindergarten-12. If teaching or related education services experience is from another state, applicant must submit formal verification that the school was a state-approved school
- Photocopy of valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (plastic) issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Verification of state approved Structured English Immersion (SEI) training †
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee and recommendation for admittance
- A Writing Sample submitted with the program application
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation (two from a source familiar with the student's academic abilities and one from a current school or district administrator)
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
† Students who have not successfully completed the Structured English Immersion certification prior to enrolling in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program will need to meet this requirement in order to complete the program.
Students in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program complete six courses (24 credit hours) to fulfill the Core Course requirements.
Students select one elective course with advisor approval.
- Elective (3)
† Students who have not successfully completed the Structured English Immersion certification requirement prior to enrolling in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program will need to meet this requirement in order to complete the program.
Students in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program are required to complete 3 credit hours of practicum. Refer to the program handbook for details pertaining to clock hours and procedures.
Only the MAED in Educational Administration, the EdS in Initial Educational Administration, the EdD in Initial Educational Administration, the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration, and the EdD in Advanced Educational Administration are approved by the Arizona Department of Education to lead to school administration licensure/certification upon completion of all program and state requirements.
Only the MA in School Psychology , EdS in School Psychology, and the PsyD in School Psychology are approved by the Arizona Department of Education to lead to school psychology licensure/certification upon completion of all program and state requirements.
The Education Specialist in Advanced Educational Administration is designed for the education professional who wants to advance to administrative positions in P-12 schools that require certification. These programs meet the requirements for certification and are approved by the Arizona Department of Education.
The programs offered through Argosy University Online Programs DO NOT lead to teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States regardless of the State in which the student resides.