Phoenix Master of Arts In Education (MAEd) in Curriculum and Instruction Courses & Admissions Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in education or an aligned field from a regionally accredited institution, a nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the faculty and dean of the College of Education, or an appropriately certified foreign institution;
- A grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 as described below. Additional requirements may apply.
- 2.7 for the bachelor's degree, or
- 3.0 for the last 60 hours of coursework (including graduate work), or
- Between 2.0 and 2.7 for the bachelor's degree. Students seeking admission with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.7 will be required to submit a personal/professional goal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession and current résumé (or career summary). Students admitted with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.7 must enroll in
within the first 15 week semester and pass within the first 38 weeks. Admission between 2.0 and 2.7 must be approved by the department chair and must be justified, documented, signed, placed, and retained in the student's academic file.
- Between 2.0 – 2.4, applicants will be required to submit three academic and/or professional letters of recommendation. Admission between 2.0 and 2.4 must be approved by the department chair and must be justified, documented, signed, placed, and retained in the student's academic file. Student admitted with a GPA between 2.0-2.4 must enroll in within the first 15 week semester and pass within the first 38 weeks.
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " ."
- An initial teaching certificate and/or current experience working in the P-12 setting with students
- A criminal background check or fingerprint check
- Evidence of current criminal background check or fingerprint check (typically a copy of a teaching certificate/license)
An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- If the basis of admission is an earned bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a scale of 4.0), an official transcript from the degree granting institution
- If the basis of admission is a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for the last 60 hours of coursework, official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended during the 60 hours of study
Course ListClick here for academic catalog
Only the MAED in Educational Administration, the EdS in Initial Educational Administration, the EdD in Initial Educational Administration, the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration, and the EdD in Advanced Educational Administration are approved by the Arizona Department of Education to lead to school administration licensure/certification upon completion of all program and state requirements.
Only the MA in School Psychology , EdS in School Psychology, and the PsyD in School Psychology are approved by the Arizona Department of Education to lead to school psychology licensure/certification upon completion of all program and state requirements.
The programs offered through Argosy University Online Programs DO NOT lead to teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States regardless of the State in which the student resides.