Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Argosy University - Sarasota Campus
Argosy University, Sarasota recognizes the need to offer human services providers the extensive knowledge and range of skills necessary to serve effectively in the profession. Programs have been developed by Argosy University faculty members to enable students to pursue personal and professional goals through completion of a Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program. Courses and curricula are designed to parallel prevailing licensure and certification requirements as closely as possible. Because of variations among states, each student should check with regional authorities to confirm such requirements.
For academic year 2014-2015, there were 63 graduates of Argosy University, Sarasota’s Master of Arts degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. Our graduates consistently achieve above average pass rates on licensing examinations. Approximately 92% of graduates passed the NCE licensure exam on their first attempt. Of the admitted students, 59% graduated from the program in the expected time period and 48.8% of graduates actively seeking jobs were employed within 6 months of graduating.
• Professional Identity: Value all aspects of professional functioning, including history, roles, organizational structures, ethics, legalities, standards, and credentialing
• Social and Cultural Diversity: Apply core theory and research of the cultural context of relationships, issues, and trends in a multicultural and diverse society to the counseling profession
• Human Growth and Development: Interpret and apply core theory and research of the nature and needs of individuals at all developmental levels
• Career Development: Apply core theory and research of career development, the psychology of work, and related factors
• Helping Relationships: Ethically and effectively deliver a range of counseling and consultation services
• Group Work: Understand the theoretical and experiential foundations of group purpose, development, and dynamics; will apply group counseling methods and skills
• Assessment: Understand principles of testing and measurement, and will apply both individual and group methods of assessment and evaluation
• Research and Program Evaluation: Understand methods and roles of research, statistical analysis, needs assessment and program evaluation
• Communication: Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Interpersonal Effectiveness: Develop and improve positive relationship skills via effective communication, respect for others, appreciation of diversity and cultural sensitivity, and awareness of their impact on others.
The Argosy University, Sarasota Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program is accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs can be contacted at 1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 510, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 535-5990 www.cacrep.org.
Enhance your career potential by enrolling in this Argosy University, Sarasota master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. You can learn more about specific financial aid programs (available to those who qualify) on our Financial Aid & Scholarships pages, or by contacting us to request more information. End your search for clinical mental health counseling programs in Sarasota at Argosy University, Sarasota.