Sarasota Education Specialist (EdS) in Advanced Educational Administration Courses & Admissions Requirements
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master's degree and in any subsequent graduate study
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, "English Language Proficiency Policy."
- A minimum of three years of verified full time teaching experience in grades Prekindergarten-12 or related education services experience in grades Prekindergarten-12. If teaching or related education services experience is from another state, applicant must submit formal verification that the school was a state-approved school
- Evidence of Criminal Background check
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee and recommendation for admittance.
- A Writing Sample submitted with the program application
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Current résumé
- Three letters of recommendation (two from a source familiar with the student's academic abilities and one from a current school or district administrator)
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
Students in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program complete six courses (24 credit hours) to fulfill the Core Course requirements.
Students select one elective course with advisor approval.
- Elective (3)
Students in the EdS in Advanced Educational Administration degree program are required to complete 3 credit hours of practicum. Refer to the program handbook for details pertaining to procedures.
Only the MAED in Educational Administration and the EdS and EdD in Initial Educational Administration lead to Florida Principal certification upon completion of all state and program requirements, including passage of all required Florida state licensure exams.
All other programs offered through Argosy University, Sarasota College of Education DO NOT lead to teacher, administrator, school counseling, or school psychology certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States.
The programs offered through Argosy University, Online Programs DO NOT lead to teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States regardless of the State in which the student resides.