Sarasota Education Specialist (EdS) in School Psychology Courses & Admissions Requirements
The application process for admission into the EdS in School Psychology non-certification degree program (36 credit hours) requires the submission of all materials that will enable the School Psychology Admissions Committee to verify the applicant's academic qualifications to enroll at a graduate professional school.
To be considered for application the applicants must possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
- Successful completion of Argosy University's Master of Arts (MA) in Educational Psychology degree program
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) for the last 60 hours of coursework (including all graduate work)
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, " ."
- Evidence of Criminal Background check
- Completion of an interview with a member of the program Admissions Committee
All applications for admission will be submitted to the Admissions Department and will include at least the following:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Personal statement with a self-appraisal of qualifications for the profession
- Current résumé (or current summary)
- Three completed Applicant Recommendation Forms
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Assessment of applicant's personal integrity, maturity, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate
Students enrolled in the EdS in School Psychology non-certification degree program (36 credit hours) are required to complete eight core courses (24 credit hours).
Students enrolled in the EdS in School Psychology non-certification degree program are required to complete a two course practicum sequence (6 credit hours).
Students enrolled in the EdS in School Psychology non-certification degree program are required to complete a two course internship sequence (6 credit hours).
Only the MAED in Educational Administration and the EdS and EdD in Initial Educational Administration lead to Florida Principal certification upon completion of all state and program requirements, including passage of all required Florida state licensure exams.
The EdS in School Psychology has been approved for school psychologists certification/licensure, or endorsement in the State of Florida. Completion of the program will permit students to request licensure through the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) for certification as school counselors, pending the successful completion of other requirements. Students are individually and solely responsible for knowing the certification requirements in their state of residence if such residence is outside of the State of Florida. Students are also eligible to apply to become Nationally Certified School Psychologists in a process designed for graduates of non-NASP approved programs.
All other programs offered through Argosy University, Sarasota College of Education DO NOT lead to teacher, administrator, school counseling, or school psychology certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States.
The programs offered through Argosy University, Online Programs DO NOT lead to teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement in any State in the United States regardless of the State in which the student resides.