WHO: Argosy University, Twin Cities Campus Psychology Department
WHAT: A panel discussion focusing on the impact of binge drinking and alcohol abuse on the young adult population. The winner of a poster competition featuring depictions of the many facets of substance abuse will be announced at the end of the evening. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship.
WHEN: Thursday, April 3, 2008
6:00 p.m. - Poster Presentation by Argosy University, Twin City students
7:30 p.m. - Panel Discussion on Binge Drinking
8:30 p.m. - Poster Scholarship Award Presentation
WHERE: 1515 Central Parkway; Eagan, MN 55121
WHY: A panel of experts on alcohol and substance abuse will discuss this important social issue and its impact on the young adult population. Attendees will have the opportunity for dialogue with panelists on substance abuse, treatment, and the impact of binge drinking on college campuses and in the community.
The evening will begin with a viewing of submissions to a poster competition featuring depictions of the many facets of substance abuse.
Director, Rehabilitation Services for Guild, Inc.
Mary Roske-Groth, LICSW, LADC
Clinical Social Worker/Therapist
Boynton Health Services
Rick Moldenhauer, MS, LADC, IDADC, LPC
Treatment Services Consultant, Chemical Health Division, State of Minnesota
Robert C. Reff, PhD
Assistant Professor, Counseling & Psychological Services
St. Cloud State University
Moderator: Martha Pottle, MA, LADC
Assistant Professor, BA Psychology Program at Argosy University
Coordinator, Substance Abuse Education Program
The media are encouraged to cover the event, and it is open to the general public.
Please RSVP by calling 651-846-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Radke - Director of Admissions, Argosy University Twin Cities Campus - 651-846-3328
Carolyn Tucker - Senior Director Communications Argosy University - 312-279-3811 # # #
- Argosy University, Phoenix is proud to partner with the Suicide Prevention Resource Center in hosting a presentation entitled: “NAMI In Our Own Voice, living with mental illness.”
- Argosy University, Phoenix is partnering with the Mental Health Awareness Coalition (MHAC) for their upcoming “Strike Out Stigma Bowling Event”
- You're Invited to the Argosy University Education Experience at Argosy University, Twin Cities
- You're Invited to the Argosy University Education Experience at Argosy University, Tampa
- You're Invited to the Argosy University Education Experience at Argosy University, Phoenix
Click here to return to the Argosy University newsroom.
BINGE DRINKING AND ITS ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES AND THE COMMUNITY
April 9, 2008