Western State College of Law at Argosy University Professor Neil Gotanda received the Haywood Burns & Shanara Gilbert Award for Outstanding Activist-Teacher-Scholar at the 2018 Joint Conference of the Northeast People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference (NEPOC) and the Conference of Asian Pacific American Law Faculty (CAPALF). The award is named for Professor and Dean Haywood Burns (CUNY Law School’s second Dean) and Professor Shanara Gilbert (founder and co-director of CUNY Law School’s Defender clinic) who were deeply committed to human rights and the struggle against racism and economic and social injustice. The Joint Conference was held on May 31 at Albany Law School, Albany, New York.
Latest Press Releases
- Orange County Students Present Doctoral Research Projects at APS Conference
- Sarasota’s Angela Brinton Holds Suicide Prevention Workshop for Students
- Chicago’s Dr. Neal Rubin re-elected to the APA Council of Representatives
- Florida School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University | Tampa Children, Couples, and Families Conference
- Neil Gotanda Honored as Outstanding Activist-Teacher-Scholar at 2018 Joint Conference of NEPOC and CAPALF
Click here to return to the Argosy University newsroom.
Neil Gotanda Honored as Outstanding Activist-Teacher-Scholar at 2018 Joint Conference of NEPOC and CAPALF
June 21, 2018