Western State College of Law at Argosy University Professor Neil Gotanda received the Haywood Burns & Shanara Gilbert Award for Outstanding Activist-Teacher-Scholar at the 2018 Joint Conference of the Northeast People of Color Legal Scholarship Conference (NEPOC) and the Conference of Asian Pacific American Law Faculty (CAPALF). The award is named for Professor and Dean Haywood Burns (CUNY Law School’s second Dean) and Professor Shanara Gilbert (founder and co-director of CUNY Law School’s Defender clinic) who were deeply committed to human rights and the struggle against racism and economic and social injustice. The Joint Conference was held on May 31 at Albany Law School, Albany, New York.
Latest Press Releases
- Argosy University and the Los Angeles Chargers Team Up to Award Scholarships to Military Service Members
- Jennifer Koh Co-Authors Amicus Brief for Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in Support of Rehearing En Banc on Constitutionality of Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology at the Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University Announces Continued Grant of Accreditation
- Argosy University, Phoenix is proud to partner with the Suicide Prevention Resource Center in hosting a presentation entitled: “NAMI In Our Own Voice, living with mental illness.”
- Alexandra Davis, an accomplished student veteran at Argosy University, Hawaii was just awarded the Raytheon Patriot Scholarship
Click here to return to the Argosy University newsroom.
Neil Gotanda Honored as Outstanding Activist-Teacher-Scholar at 2018 Joint Conference of NEPOC and CAPALF
June 21, 2018