2013, Doctor of Education, Educational Leadership, Argosy University, Atlanta
Aaron Reese is the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students for Columbus State University in Columbus, Georgia. He oversees all aspects of student conduct, the student health center, campus recreation, and disability services. “I am a member of the graduate faculty, teaching in the Doctorate in Curriculum and Leadership program, [and] chair several dissertation committees. I also serve as Chair of Columbus State University’s behavior intervention team (BIT),” he says.
Aaron earned a Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of West Georgia and a Master of Education from Clemson University before starting his doctoral studies at Argosy University, Atlanta. “Before moving into higher education administration, I spent nearly 20 years as a college and professional baseball coach with the Atlanta Braves, Clemson University, Andrew College, Kennesaw State, and Columbus State University. While at Andrew College, I was asked to take on the position of Dean of Students—this [evolved into becoming] Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs.”
He chose Argosy University, Atlanta because the faculty at the school understood that most of the students were balancing family and a professional career. “I knew that to continue moving forward in my career, I needed a terminal degree in higher education. Argosy University, Atlanta provided the best option in terms of convenience and real face time through the blended format.”
He adds that his education prepared him for the world of higher education research and writing. “In the field of higher education, administrators must be able to produce and assimilate peer reviewed works, Argosy University, Atlanta was great for me in that respect.” Aaron believes that current students should keep a bibliography with short notes on every reference used in any course. “This will be a great resource for you during your dissertation obviously, however, more importantly this will be a valuable resource for you professionally in your career.”
In addition to his work at Columbus State University, Aaron regularly consults with other colleges and universities’ Behavior Intervention Teams (BIT). “Through my work with NaBITA (The National Behavioral Intervention Team Association), I developed an operations manual for behavior intervention teams and the De-escalation Decision Tree (D2T) which serve to assist BITs in developing, managing, and implementing their team policies and practices.”
Aaron’s professional accomplishments include:
- 2016 President with National Behavioral Intervention Team Association (NaBITA) and a member of their advisory board.
- Past-chair of the University System of Georgia, Regents Advisory Committee for Student Conduct Officers
- Founding member of the Georgia College Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Member of the University System of Georgia Public Safety Committee
- Editorial board member of The Journal of Campus Behavioral Intervention (J-BIT)
- Faculty member at The NaBITA Campus Threat Management Institute.
- Published author for a variety of publications
His professional memberships and presentations include:
- Member of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi
- Holds certification with the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS)
- Holds certification with the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA)
- Presents both regionally and nationally on the topics of student conduct, enrollment management, and behavior intervention.
Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options vary by school and are subject to change. Not all online programs are available to residents of all U.S. states. Argosy University, Atlanta, 980 Hammond Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30328. ©2016 Argosy University. All rights reserved. Our email address is email@example.com
See http://ge.argosy.edu/programoffering/573 for program duration, tuition, fees and other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important info.