Argosy University, Tampa, recently held a DREAM Fest event that included 40 vendors and community resource providers and these amazing guest speakers. It also featured a special musical performance by Sam Woolf, singer-songwriter from Bradenton, Florida who gained national recognition as a Top Five finalist on American Idol's 2014 season.
- Luis Viera - City Councilman District 7
- Rachel Barcellona - The Center for Autism and Related Disabilities ambassador, advocate and singer
- Francisco Oller - Public speaker and advocate
- Frank Murphy - Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers player, author and motivational speaker
School faculty also presented during the event on these topics:
- Dr. Eric Rosen – Families with disabilities and special needs members: Instilling hope, direction and support.
- Dr. Gary Howell – My child has just come out as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender…now what? And the Impact of Bullying on LGBT youth: Risk factors and warning signs.
- Dr. Linda Thompson – “The key is under the mat”: Promoting a healthy transition home for returning veterans.
- Dr. Elizabeth Lane – The basics of age-related memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease.
There were also meditation sessions and a sensory room for children, staffed and supported by Argosy University, Tampa staff.