Dr. Marshall Cowan, an instructor in forensic psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia, was recently presented with the 2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching award for the Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology program at the campus.
Cowan earned a Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology degree from the
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University in 2001 and
completed his pre-doctoral internship at the VA/Vanderbilt University
Consortium. Following graduation, he moved to Maryland and began working at the
state’s maximum security forensic psychiatric hospital, Clifton T. Perkins
Cowan served as a ward psychologist and as a forensic evaluator conducting
competency, and criminal responsibility evaluations for individuals charged
with violent felonies. He’s an expert in clinical and forensic psychology and his
private practice is focused on providing contractual assessment services to
private and government entities.
also conducted risk assessments as part of a screening process for potential
reality television show contestants, which he found to be both interesting and
See http://ge.argosy.edu/programoffering/886 for program duration, tuition, fees and
other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important
Argosy University, Northern Virginia, 1550 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209 is certified to
operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (James Monroe
Building, 101 North 14th Street, Richmond, VA 23219, 1.804.225.2600).
Latest Press Releases
- Argosy University and the Los Angeles Chargers Team Up to Award Scholarships to Military Service Members
- Jennifer Koh Co-Authors Amicus Brief for Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in Support of Rehearing En Banc on Constitutionality of Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology at the Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University Announces Continued Grant of Accreditation
- Argosy University, Phoenix is proud to partner with the Suicide Prevention Resource Center in hosting a presentation entitled: “NAMI In Our Own Voice, living with mental illness.”
- Alexandra Davis, an accomplished student veteran at Argosy University, Hawaii was just awarded the Raytheon Patriot Scholarship
Click here to return to the Argosy University newsroom.
Northern Virginia campus honors Dr. Marshall Cowan with Excellence in Teaching Award
October 6, 2016