Dr. Marshall Cowan, an instructor in forensic psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia, was recently presented with the 2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching award for the Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology program at the campus.
Cowan earned a Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology degree from the
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University in 2001 and
completed his pre-doctoral internship at the VA/Vanderbilt University
Consortium. Following graduation, he moved to Maryland and began working at the
state’s maximum security forensic psychiatric hospital, Clifton T. Perkins
Cowan served as a ward psychologist and as a forensic evaluator conducting
competency, and criminal responsibility evaluations for individuals charged
with violent felonies. He’s an expert in clinical and forensic psychology and his
private practice is focused on providing contractual assessment services to
private and government entities.
also conducted risk assessments as part of a screening process for potential
reality television show contestants, which he found to be both interesting and
See http://ge.argosy.edu/programoffering/886 for program duration, tuition, fees and
other costs, median debt, salary data, alumni success, and other important
Argosy University, Northern Virginia, 1550 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209 is certified to
operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (James Monroe
Building, 101 North 14th Street, Richmond, VA 23219, 1.804.225.2600).
Latest Press Releases
- Jennifer Koh Writes Amicus Brief for Coalition of Over Forty Legal Services Organizations, Public Defender’s Offices, Law School Clinics and Other Entities
- Jennifer Koh’s Scholarship Reviewed on JOTWELL (Journal of Things We Like (Lots))
- Argosy University, Phoenix counseling programs receive continued grant of accreditation from CACREP
- Argosy University, Chicago counseling programs receive continued grant of accreditation from CACREP
- Seattle's David Moore Contributes to New Book Radical Psychology
Click here to return to the Argosy University newsroom.
Northern Virginia campus honors Dr. Marshall Cowan with Excellence in Teaching Award
October 6, 2016