We're Going Non-Profit.
We are pleased to share the news that Education Management, our parent organization, has announced the execution of a definitive agreement for the sale of its schools, to include Argosy University, to Dream Center Foundation (DCF), a not-for-profit foundation.
This agreement is great news for Argosy University! After the deal is approved by the Department of Education, state regulators, and accreditors, anticipated later this summer, we will exist as a not-for-profit, secular, stand-alone entity owned by DCF, giving you and your instructors the chance to learn and teach in an environment that is free from the challenges of the for-profit higher education sector.
Here are some things you should know:
- Argosy University will remain Argosy University – our name is not changing
- All students will continue in their programs of study without interruption
- All faculty and staff will transition with this change
- There is no anticipated change in accreditation. Argosy University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org) and an application to continue this accreditation under DCF’s ownership has been submitted. We anticipate a decision from WASC in or about late June/early July. We do not anticipate any significant impact to any of our programmatic accreditations as well.
- There will be no impact to financial aid processing as a result of this transaction
- The Dream Center Foundation is an endowment fund that provides opportunity and resources to many people in the United States through its 110 locations across the country. For more information you can visit the website http://dreamcenterfoundation.org/
This agreement was entered into only after careful consideration. The decision was not made lightly. It is the best way to ensure continued classroom excellence and student success for you and for our future students.
Several steps need to be taken over the coming months before this agreement is finalized. It is subject to several operational and other closing conditions and is also subject to the receipt of a number of regulatory approvals.
All you need to do is focus on your studies.
This is terrific news for the entire Argosy University community, and we will keep you updated on our progress.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.