5 Things You Should Know about the Association for Applied Sport Psychology
Enrolled in our Master of Arts in Sport-Exercise Psychology degree program? Interested in joining the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)? Here are 5 things you should know about the governing body of the field.
1. The AASP website, http://www.appliedsportpsych.org/, contains information about publications, webinars, upcoming conferences and much more!
2. The next annual conference is taking place October 15-18, 2014 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
3. Two types of affiliation fees are available.
• Student Membership is $90 per year. It is available to any student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to the field of sport psychology in an accredited institution.
• Affiliate membership is $100 per year. This is open to any individual interested in the sport psychology field but does not meet the requirements for Professional, Early Professional, or Student Membership. Those qualifying for this type of membership are typically athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, personal trainers, youth sport parents, and fitness/health clubs.
4. ASPP offers Certified Consultant status for those who meet certain educational requirements and have a specific level of experience in the field. Standard Certification is available for those who hold a completed doctoral degree, while provisional is available for those who have who hold a master's degree.*
5. Joining ASPP could be a great opportunity for students to network, attend a conference, and even find job postings on the site!
*Argosy University does not guarantee third-party certification/licensure. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to Argosy University.