5 Reasons to Use the Online Library
By Guest Blogger, Audra Deemer, Manager of Library Services
1. Find reputable and scholarly resources. Though information can be found quickly on the web by using popular search engines like Google, you will often find an overwhelming number of results with no easy way to narrow them down. Most information on the web is not evaluated for accuracy and some sites may even ask you to pay to view the content. The library databases have done the hard part of the research process for you. Only credible sources from trusted publishers are included in the library databases and most are available in full text—all at no charge to you!
2. Receive help from our on-call librarians 7 days a week. You can get in contact with the Argosy University librarians through email, phone and the Ask Us service. You’ll find the Ask Us tab on the Online Library homepage. Use this service to find answers to frequently asked questions even during the hours librarians are not available. You can also submit your question to be answered by email. We have extended hours to help meet your research needs.
Sunday: 12 PM-2 AM ET
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM-2 AM ET
Friday: 8 AM-11 PM ET
Saturday: 10 AM-11 PM ET
3. Set up a research consultation. If you need one-on-one time with a librarian, you can find and sign up for open research consultations on the calendar found on the Online Library homepage. You can also contact the librarians directly by email or phone to set up an appointment that fits your schedule. We even use a web conferencing tool to share our screens so you can see how to use the resources.
4. Access more than articles and eBooks. Though we have thousands of articles from journals, magazines and newspapers as well as full text eBooks on a vast number of subjects, we also have resources for software tutorials, career information and even videos! Find tutorials and guides for popular software as well as educational and career-oriented resources by going to the Tutorials & Guides page of the Online Library. Check out the video collections of Counseling & Therapy in Video, Education in Video and Filmmakers Library Online by going to the Find Videos page.
5. Create APA formatted bibliographies. Create your own free account for RefWorks, a citation management tool. With a RefWorks account, you can save references that you use for your research. Not only will RefWorks help you stay organized, but it will also help you format your references and cite within your essays following APA style.
Contact the Argosy Ask Today On-Call Librarians at email@example.com or 888-559-7579.