Argosy University Announces New Scholarship
Argosy University – in conjunction with The Education Foundation – recently announced its 2012 Patricia K. Goeser Memorial Scholarship!
The Patricia K. Goeser Memorial Scholarship will provide $250 to two awardees. The scholarship fund was created by Goeser’s daughter, Caroline Dahlquist, in memoriam of her mother whom had raised Dahlquist and her three sisters on her own while working and attending the University of Tennessee.
"It is my belief that my three sisters and I would not be as successful as we are if she had not (gone back to school)," Dahlquist says. "Her first day at the University of Tennessee was my first day of Kindergarten. I want to be able to - in some small way - help others to get themselves moving towards an education that will eventually change future generations."
The scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an online student in an active or re-entry status with out of pocket expense either from previous enrollment or other circumstances
- Applicant must be a single parent with dependent children pursuing an undergraduate degree with Argosy University.
- Applicants must have completed at least 16 credits and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must complete an essay that answers the following questions:
- What do you hope your children learn from your pursuit of a college education?
- How will your education benefit yourself, your family?
See AUPrograms.info for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, federal salary data, alumni success, and other important info.