Discover Your Hero Today.
Week three of our Student Hero Contest is already here! The contest lasts until April 2 and, if you participate, you could win up to a $500 tuition scholarship simply by making new friends or telling us about the ones you already have.
If you’d like to participate, but you aren’t sure what we're looking for, here’s an excerpt from an entry that’s already been submitted. This comes from Argosy University, Online Programs student Amanda Mayew.
“My student hero is Monika Vasquez-Johnson. I was drawn during our first course to introduce myself to her. I have not met her face to face, but it does not matter. I was completely unaware of the changes that would occur in my life as well as my education due to my relationship with this woman, who has become like a second mother. She asked if I would mind helping her, and of course I said yes. It has turned out to be a mutual relationship of one helping the other.”
“I share my experiences, hope, and book knowledge with her. She shares her family and her heart with me. Together we are a team, and share our unconditional love for other people. Monika Vasquez-Johnson is my best friend, and my student hero.”
To read Amanda’s full story and to nominate your own hero, visit the Student Community Group in Connections. Here’s how to get there:
1. Log in to your Campus Common from this link. It will open in a new tab.
2. Enter Connections. It will show up in a new window, so your pop-up blocker will need to be off.
3. Click on Departments in the main navigation.
4. Select the Student Community group. (Look for the green H next to the group name.)
5. Click on Forum in the side navigation.
6. Find the Student Hero discussion and click the question “Who is your hero?” to see all student entries or submit your own.
See the full rules for the Student Hero Contest here. We look forward to finding out who inspires you!