Fantastic Fall Wrap-up
Last week, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division held the Fantastic Fall contest in the Campus Common, as we mentioned in an earlier blog post. A scarecrow cartoon character was hidden in three different areas of the Campus Common throughout the week, and each morning, students were presented with a different clue as to his whereabouts. The goal of the contest was to encourage student participation and make sure they were aware of the many great resources available to them.
The clues—and scarecrow locations—were as follows:
Location One: The Online Library
On Monday and Tuesday last week, the scarecrow was hidden in the online library. Students were given the following clues to help track him down:
- School isn’t just about studying, but we hope you find what you’re looking for.
- If you were stumped by yesterday’s clue, maybe Getty Images will ring a bell.
Location Two: Tutoring Center
On Wednesday and Thursday, the scarecrow was hidden in the Tutoring Center. Students were given the following clues to locate him:
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- It’s not part of the classroom, but it can help you succeed there.
Location Three: Technical Support Center
On Friday and Saturday, the clues for the final location were as follows:
- If it seems like technology is not your friend, maybe it’s time to make some new ones.
- What does it mean to “clear your cookies”? If you’re stumped, we can help!
Participation in the contest overall was high, and we look forward to engaging students in new ways in the future.