Time Management Tips for Working Full-Time While in School
When you’re pursuing a college or graduate degree in today’s busy world, you have many decisions to consider. How will an education fit into your already busy schedule? Can you stay at your current job? Will you still have weekends free?
At Argosy University, we understand that students are looking for flexibility when it comes to an education. And they don’t want to give up their full-time job. We know that there are many benefits to working full-time while in school—a steady income, the opportunity to keep moving up in a career, and overall stability.
Our online programs allow students to take classes on their own schedule—day or night. Once you’ve made the decision to add an education to your plate of activities, Argosy University will provide support to help you meet your career and educational goals.
We also know you may have some questions about how to successfully balance work, school, and life. Here are some quick tips on how to balance school and work in college:
- Know from the start that you’ll need discipline. Your life is about to get even more busy. Set goals and stick to them.
- Let your family know about your plans. Having a support system in place is always helpful when you’re about to embark on something new and challenging.
- Tell your boss that you’re starting back to school. Your commitment to education reflects well on you—and your company may offer scholarships or other support to employees who are pursuing higher education.
- Once you’re in school, plan your schedule well in advance. Dedicate specific time for work and specific time for your education. Take online classes that allows you to do coursework during off-work hours.
- Be flexible when you need to be. You may have a client meeting that runs late or a school project that is taking longer than expected to complete. Do your best to avoid frustration in these circumstances.
- Don’t forget to treat yourself every once in a while. After your first exam, go out to dinner (or order pizza in!) and celebrate your accomplishment. Working full time while attending school is hard work—and you deserve a reward every once in a while.
Learn more about balancing a full-time job and your education by contacting one of our admissions representatives at 1-855-725-4299. They’ll answer your questions and can even help you to fill out an application to begin your studies.